The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician with serving customers and maintaining the Pharmacy, Sales Floor, and DME departments. This position also coordinates with the Accounting Department in accordance to IRS guidelines. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
DRUG CLERK DUTIES
- Immediate recognition of customers as they arrive in the store or drive thru
- Positive attitude towards customers and fellow employees
- Attend occasional store meetings outside of normal working hours (Sundays, etc.).
- Ordering pharmacy supplies and store merchandise.
- Answering phones and taking refill orders and other requests.
- Deliveries – expedite and prepare orders to be delivered efficiently and on-time
- Will Call – organize and manage the Will Call Bins (see SOP Procedures)
- Assist the Pharmacy Manager in the training of new staff.
- Any other tasks as required by pharmacists as part of normal pharmacy operation
- Obey Pharmacy Laws – Pseudofed Sales, Counseling Law, CII ID Law, Medicare Fraud Waste and Abuse, Conflict of Interest, Credit Card Security, HIPAA, etc
- Proficient cash register operation
- Perform Opening and Closing Procedures
- Manage and organize gift certificates (Cannon Dollars), credit card/debit card/check reader receipts, manufacturer coupons
- shelves on the sales floor and in the pharmacy
- Straighten and “FACE” the front merchandise
- Merchandise Order – expedite the stickering and stocking of sales merchandise
- Reorder the holes or find suitable replacement for all holes on shelf for all discontinued OTC items
- Restock the drink cooler and let someone know when drinks need to be ordered
- Planograms – utilize the wholesaler planograms to reorganize and restock items to improve sales
- End Cap / Decoration – select products and décor of these seasonal sections to reflect the season
- Cleaning duties – trash, confidential shreddings, bathroom/breakroom, vacuum, windows, counters, coffee pots, dishes, etc
- Keep Pharmacy and Sales Floor organized and clear of clutter, etc
Oops! We could not locate your form.