Cannon Health Administrative Team Member
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Cannon Health administration team, which oversees the basic functions of all locations. This includes assisting pharmacists and other staff members to ensure that we can continue to properly serve our customers and maintaining all pharmacy departments. All organizations need timely and effective office and administrative support to operate efficiently.
Cannon Health Administrative Team Member Duties
- Positive attitude towards customers and fellow employees
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as Payroll, MS Office, MS Access, Quickbooks, etc
- Ordering, stocking, and returning drugs and OTC products
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies and promotional items
- Organize mail and maintain financial documents to maintain the accounting workflow
- Organzing paperwork in accordance to Cannon Health, LLC. Data Security Policy and Procedures
- Obey Pharmacy Laws – Pseudofed Sales, Counseling Law, CII ID Law, Medicare Fraud Waste and Abuse, Conflict of Interest, Credit Card Security, HIPAA, etc
Equipment, Computer Network, Phone System, and Utlities
- Ensure equipment and networks are in good working order
- Identify and isolate problems and alert repair personnel, IT consultant, or utility carrier
- Request new equipment or supplies when necessary.
Planning the work and supervising the staff
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of each member of the staff
- Make allowances for unexpected staff absences and other disruptions by adjusting assignments or performing the work themselves if the situation requires it.
Allocate work assignments, issue deadlines, and oversee the work to ensure that it is proceeding on schedule and meeting established quality standards
- This may involve reviewing each person’s work on a register or computer or listening to how a worker deals with customers
- Meet regularly with staff members to discuss their progress to supervise long-term projects
Evaluate each worker’s performance
- Review and Record Employee Performance
- If a worker is doing a good job, the supervisor indicates that in the employee’s personnel file and may recommend a promotion or other award. Alternatively, if a worker is performing inadequately, the supervisor discusses the problem with the employee to determine the cause and helps the worker to improve his or her performance.
- This might require sending the employee to a training course or arranging personal counseling. If the situation does not improve, the supervisor may recommend a transfer, demotion, or dismissal.
Interview and evaluate prospective employees
- Manage the interviewing process to attract and isolate qualified applicants
- Remain actively involved in recruiting new workers—for example, by making presentations at high schools and business colleges.
- Communicate with applicants regarding hiring or non-hiring situations
- When new workers arrive on the job, supervisors greet them and provide orientation to acquaint them with their organization and its operating routines.
- Policies and Procedures
- New Hire Paperwork
- Phone System
- Pharmaserv and Pharmaserv Reports
- Cash Registers (POS)
- Employee Training Programs (Mutual Order, Bay-A-Day, Profit Loss, SOP, Refill Reminder)
- ￼Opening and Closing Procedures
- The Cannon Way
Act as a liaison between the administrative support staff and the professional, technical, and managerial staff
- This may involve implementing new company policies or restructuring the workflow in their departments
- Keep their superiors informed of their progress and any potential problems
- Compile and present data for use in planning or designing new policies.
- Learn, Understand, and Implement the provisions of state and federal labor provisions
- New Hires
- Handle Pharmcap for all Stores (EPIC will allow 1 master Pharmcap if we look in to)
- Annual Paperwork Requirements for the entire company (I-9, Pharmcap, etc)
- Company Attire Ordering (design corporate ordering form for shirts / pharmacy wear / Nametags)
- Training Program for all New Hires (30/60/90 days, 6 months, 1 year)
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts among the staff
- Corporate Advertising Supply Management (magnets, pens, business cards, etc)
- Laws – HIPAA, Counseling Law, Pseudofed, Medicare Fraud, CII ID check, all others on Pharmcap.
- Firing and Unemployment Claims –devise a proper way to handle and documenting employee warnings and write-ups
- Insurance (AFLAC and health) reconciliation to match against Paycheck
- Vacations – double check for accuracy
- Master File of all employees – set up, review for appropriateness , keep up to date, etc
- Employee Handbook management and updates
- Resource / Contact List updates – like business associate names, contacts, acct #s, McKesson, Mutual, AFLAC, Conceir, Time Warner, Windstream, etc
- Policies and Procedures Biannual Staff Meeting – organize and retrain
- Drug Tests
- Storage Unit – keep units and corp data clean, organized, and up-to-date